Our bowls and boards are made to be used year round. With the summer heat, try serving a refreshing salad in your favorite Andrew Pearce Bowl. Our cutting boards will help you prep the ingredients.
Here are 2 easy recipes from our staff for a refreshing meal, when it's too hot to turn on the oven.
Easy Summer Salad w/ Grilled Chicken
- 1 lbs grilled chicken tenders
- 4 cups fresh mixed baby lettuce, half red half green, preferably from your local farmers market
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, quartered
- half of an English cucumber, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced then cubed
- optional 1/4 cup crumbled cheese such as mild goat or feta , we recommend Vermont Goat Cheese
- Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette dressing recipe here
- if you find pre-grilled chicken at your grocery store, reheat if desired and then slice and add to salad
- OR to make your own grilled chicken, marinade tenders first for 1 hour in Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette, then grill on medium heat for 8-9 minutes on each side
- fill your Andrew Pearce Bowl with the mixed baby lettuce
- prep tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, add to bowl
- add grilled chicken and top with cheese if desired
Now for a drink!
Pomegranate Cosmo Cocktail
- 2 handfuls of crushed ice
- 3/4 cup vodka, we recommend Smuggler's Notch Distillery
- 3 oz. orange flavored liqueur, such as triple sec
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, fresh pressed if you have the time
- 3 oz. lime juice
- 1 oz. fresh orange juice (approx. one wedge)
- optional wedges of lime for garnish
- slice limes on your Andrew Pearce Citrus Board
- if making your own fresh pomegranate juice, separate seeds from rind, remove all papery pith, pulse in 3 quick bursts in a blender to juice
- place ice in large shaker
- combine all liquid ingredients and pour over ice
- secure shaker top, shake well for several seconds to chill, strain
- pour into chilled martini glass and enjoy!