This kit is a wonderful way for kids to learn basic woodworking skills. Originally Andrew put these together for his own children and their school classroom.
We've included everything you need to finish their own small cutting board, as well as step by step instructions. Safe for ages 5 and up! You will receive:
- Unfinished board, approximately 8" x 6"
- A 20oz bottle of food-safe, allergen-free refined walnut wood oil
- 3 grits of sandpaper rounds
- Velcro foam block to attached to sandpaper
- Foam brush to apply wood oil
- Pair of latex gloves
- Step by step instructions w/ photos
Disclaimer: We recommend adult supervision and this project be done outside.
- Each bowl is hand turned by professional wood turners in our workshop store in Vermont.
Learn more about how we make our products.
- With proper care, your finely crafted Andrew Pearce wood product will last a lifetime—and beyond.
- Hand wash with warm soapy water after each use.
- Immediately after washing hand dry with a clean cloth.
- To help maintain its natural wood beauty and integrity, occasionally recondition your wood product with Andrew Pearce Walnut Oil.
- Do not put in the dishwasher, microwave, or oven.
- Do not leave in standing water.
- Do not use vegetable oils or mineral oils to recondition your wood product; they contain ingredients that may create a culture for bacteria to grow.