Care for the things that you care about!
To preserve the beauty of your Andrew Pearce wood product, it's a good idea to periodically recondition the wood with Andrew Pearce Walnut Oil Wood Finish. This premium, non-toxic, food safe and allergen-free walnut oil helps maintain natural wood beauty and integrity.
You will know when it's a good time to recondition the wood based on how it feels and by its visual appearance. If it feels and/or looks dry, then liberally wipe on Andrew Pearce Wood Oil with a soft cloth or microfiber towel. The more you use your wood, the more often you will want to recondition it.
This specially formulated walnut oil is high in linoleic acid and is heat-treated to make it oxidize faster. It penetrates deep into the wood and then hardens, giving you a longer-lasting finish that will not evaporate like mineral oil finishes. Walnut oil hardens into a food safe, satin finish for bowls, butcher blocks, utensils, and other wood products. It's a slow drying oil that will cure faster in a warmer environment; and room temperature is typically best. Don't use vegetable oils or mineral oils to recondition your wood product as they contain ingredients that may create a culture in which bacteria can grow.
- Each bowl is hand turned by professional wood turners in our workshop store in Vermont.
Learn more about how we make our products.
- With proper care, your finely crafted Andrew Pearce wood product will last a lifetime—and beyond.
- Hand wash with warm soapy water after each use.
- Immediately after washing hand dry with a clean cloth.
- To help maintain its natural wood beauty and integrity, occasionally recondition your wood product with Andrew Pearce Walnut Oil.
- Do not put in the dishwasher, microwave, or oven.
- Do not leave in standing water.
- Do not use vegetable oils or mineral oils to recondition your wood product; they contain ingredients that may create a culture for bacteria to grow.